Saturday, June 4, 2011

God's faithfulness displayed in the skies!


today i was leaving a friend's house after a sweet shower for a lovely friend who's getting MARRIED next weekend. i walk outside and what do i see?! a freaking GORGEOUS rainbow!!!

Genesis 9:13 ~ "I'm putting a rainbow in the clouds, a sign of the covenant between me and the Earth."

THE God of the universe has made a covenant with Earth!!!! the place i live!!! wha??!

there's not too many things that shake me like seeing a rainbow. every time i see one i feel like God is speaking directly to me, impressing on me, an intense awareness of the covenant of faithfulness He has given me. i think the reason it "gets" me so passionately is because i have always been highly aware of God's powerful judgment, more than His unending GRACE, overwhelming LOVE, and magnificent PASSION for ME, the undeserving, yet unendingly thankful sinner. saved not only by His power and judgment, but equally by His grace, mercy, and love.

incredible, huh?

here's the quick picture i snapped on my phone...

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love getting your feedback! : }